I am a native of Southern California. I received my undergraduate degree from UC Davis and then returned home to attend and graduate from the University of Southern California with a Medical Degree. I remained at LA County/USC to complete an Orthopaedic Surgery Internship and Residency. To further my knowledge and expertise in Sports Medicine, I traveled to Long Beach, CA and completed a yearlong Sports Medicine Fellowship at the Southern California Center for Sports Medicine. While there, we treated athletes from all levels of sport, as well as, being the designated Team Physicians for Cal State Long Beach. I was trained in the most up to date skills and techniques in Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder surgery, as well as, Knee and Shoulder Replacements.
I have now been practicing in Orange County, CA for nearly 20 years. During that time I have gained a tremendous amount of experience in the world of Sports Medicine. I have been the designated Team Physician for the USA National Waterski Team, the USA Springboard Diving Team and World Team Tennis with Billy Jean King. I was team physician for the first Professional Soccer Team in Orange County; the OC Soccer Club. I have been on the floor helping out at the USA World Gymnastics Championships, the USA Gymnastics Olympic Trials and the Maloof Money Cup Pro Skateboarding Competitions. Finally, I have been fortunate enough during the past few years to be taking care of some of the Top Ranked Supercross Riders in the country.
For several years, I was voted one of the Top Docs Of Orange County by the OCMA and Orange Coast Magazine. I spent time as an Orthopaedic Department Chairman at the local Hospital, as well as, having served on the Board of Directors for the local Surgery Center.
It gives me no greater joy than to help those individuals and athletes who are down with the help they need to get back in action. From the Professional to the Weekend Warrior to just someone trying to get thru everyday living needs, I find it extremely rewarding to be involved in their ultimate recovery. We do our best to accommodate same day appointments whenever possible and we frown upon long wait times in our waiting room. We do not believe that our time is any more valuable than yours and we hope you’ll feel the same after seeing us. I pride myself on being up to date with my knowledge and skills in the latest and greatest in our specialty. This now includes the introduction of Stem Cell Therapy to our practice.
Please come give us a try. We hope to become one of your new favorite doctors in Orange County.
Fellowship Training: (Sports Medicine)
Southern California Center for Sports Medicine Director: Douglas Jackson, MD Associates: David Morrison, MD, Peter Kurzweil, MD Long Beach,, CA 8/98-7/99
LAC/USC General Hospital, Los Angeles, CA Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Los Angeles, CA 6/94-6/98
LAC/USC General Hospital, Los Angeles, CA Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Los Angeles, CA 6/93-6/94
University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA 8/89-5/93 Medical Doctor Awarded 5/93
University of California, Davis Davis, CA 9/84-3/89 B.S. Biological Sciences Awarded 3/89
Greenbaum, B., Zionts, L., and Ebramzadeh, E.: Open Fractures of the Forearm in Children. J. Orthop. Trauma. 2001, 15(2): 111-118.
Morris, D., Greenbaum, B., and Einhorn, A.: Shoulder Impingement; Conservative Management Of Shoulder Injuries. Ortho. Clin.North Amer., April 2000, 31(2): 285-293
Greenbaum, B., Itamura, J., Vangsness, C.T., Tibone, J., and Atkins, R.: Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis; An Anatomical Analysis of its Origin. J. Bone and Joint Surg. (Br) 1999-B: 926-9.
Greenbaum, B., Zionts, L., and Ebramzadeh, E. Open Forearm Fracture in Children. (Abstract Only). Pediatrics, 1998, 102(3): 740.
Greenbaum, B., Perry, J., and Lee, J.: Bilateral Spontaneous Patellar Tendon Rupture in the Absence Of Concomitant Systemic Disease or Steroid Use: A Case Report. Orthop. Rev., Nov. 1994, 23: 890-3.
Kumar, J., Patzakis, M., Holtom, P., Greenbaum, B., Et. Al.: Comparison of the Results of Bacterial Cultures from Multiple Sites in Chronic Osteo-myelitis of Long Bones. J. Bone Joint Surg.(Am) 1994, 76-A: 664-666.
Greenbaum, B.: The Pathoanatomy and Histopathology of Tennis Elbow. Current Opin. Orthop., 2001
Greenbaum, B., and Bernstein, S.: Idiopathic Scoliosis Presented at: Orthopaedic Hospital Grand Rounds, November 1994
Greenbaum, B., Zionts, L., and Ebramzadeh, E.: Open Forearm Fractures in Children. Presented at: -LAC/USC General Hospital Graduate Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting. June 1998.-AAP Annual Meeting. October 1998.
Greenbaum, B., et. Al.: The Origin of the Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis: An Anatomic Analysis of its Origin Presented at:-LAC/USC General Hospital Grand Rounds, November 1996. Awarded Best Junior Paper.-Smith and Nephew Annual Residents Meeting, August 1997-AOA Resident Meeting: Sacramento, CA. February 1998. -AAOS Academy Meeting Specialty Day; 1998.Sports Medicine Society Meeting Shoulder and Elbow Society Meeting: Nominated for the Neer Award in Basic Science.-COA Annual Meeting: Lake Tahoe, CA, May 1998.
- Prior National Speaker for the Genzyme Company (Synvisc)—3 years
- Prior Speaker for the Zimmer Company (Gender-Specific Knee Replacement)
Orange County Orthopaedics and Sports Medical Group, Inc.: Founder and CEO, Irvine, California
Original Founder and Member Board of Directors at Specialty Surgical Center, Irvine
24 Hour Fitness, Group X Cycle Instructor
Bradley Greenbaum, MD, Solo Practice, Irvine, California.
Southern California Center for Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine Fellow, Long Beach, California.
LAC/USC General Hospital, Part-time attending trauma staff, Los Angeles, California.
Screen Actors Guild Member, Partial credits include: Over 40 commercials and a principal role on the soap opera General Hospital for three years.
- Specialty Surgical Center, Irvine. Founder and Medical Executive Member.
- Former Chairman-Department of Orthopaedics, Irvine Regional Hospital-4yrs
- CAP-MPT (Malpractice Carrier): Peer Reviewer/Expert
- CorVel Corporation: Medical Director Ortho/National Credentialing Committee
- OCMA “Top Docs” of Orange County: Multiple Years Awarded including 2021
- Board Certified-American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship Trained/Certified Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- California Physicians and Surgeons Certificate
- Controlled Substances Registration Certificate
- Fluoroscopy and X-ray Supervisor and Operator
- Approved Supervisor of Physician Assistants
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Current Physician: Pro Supercross/Motocross Riders
- Current Physician: Dana Point Mountain Bike Team
- Former Team Physician: OC Soccer Club USL Professional Soccer Team (7yrs)
- Former Team Physician: USA National Springboard Diving Team
- Former Team Physician: Wildfire Gymnastics Club, Tustin, CA
- Former Team Physician: USA National Waterski Team---Includes international coverage at the 2006 Pan AmericanChampionships
- Former Team Physician: WTT Professional Tennis “Newport Beach Breakers”
- Assisted with “on floor” coverage at the USA World Gymnastics
- Championships (2003, Anaheim Pond) and the USA Olympic Trials (2004 Anaheim, Pond)
- Assisted with Physician Coverage for the 2007 Macabee Games, Irvine, CA.
- Maloof Money Cup Pro Skateboarding Competitions, Orange County, CA
Triathlon: 2012 IRONMAN, AZ Finisher, Mountain Biking, Waterskiing, Surfing, Snowskiing, Motocross, 24 Hour Fitness Instructor. I also love to travel and spend time with my family!!
Dr. Greenbaum has a great deal of experience working with athletes at all levels. He has been the designated Team Physician for Cal State Long Beach, USA National Waterski Team, USA Springboard Diving Team, and was team physician for the OC Soccer Club, Orange County’s first Professional Soccer Team
Orange County Orthopaedics & Sports Medical Group
24022 Calle De La Plata,
Laguna Hills, CA 92653